The Metroparks have shown us why they are of great value to the communities that they are apart of. Today from 10am – 4pm, they are hosting “America Recycles Day“!
The new baby porcupine @ Cleveland Metroparks Zoo….oh, just look at that face 🙂
You see, our Metroparks are going green! Today, if visitors bring in a recyclable item they will give one free admission for each paid admission.
‘So that means….. adult admission (age 12+) is $9 and junior admission (age 2-11) is $6…..so for a family of four your cost could be cut in half…instead of paying $30 you pay $15……yeah!
The Zoo will be accepting the following items for recycling on November 9:
- ALUMINUM CANS – Proceeds will support Slow Loris conservation, The Little Fireface Project
- CELL PHONES AND ACCESSORIES – Rechargeable Batteries only
- NEWSPAPERS, MAGAZINES, CATALOGS, JUNK MAIL
- DOCUMENT SHREDDING – On-site presented by Northcoast Inc. Recycling Specialist; from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; limit 3 recycling bags/boxes
- INK JET AND TONER PRINT CARTRIDGES
- PAIRED SHOES in good condition – no flip-flops, sandals, slippers, skates; presented by Terracycle Paired Shoe Brigade
- COOKING & DINING SUPPLIES & UTENSILS (presented by Recycle Pots & Pans)
- Adorable Porcupette Thriving at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (news.softpedia.com)